Tuesday, April 2, 2013

❧❦ Haul Time! Chanel, Coach, Armani, Tom Ford, Jo Malone ❦❧

Lisbeth Dahl makeup bags
I love Lisbeth Dahl. I just wish it was easier to find their products in the US.  I frequently search Ebay and Amazon for items, or order them from Europe.  But this time I found a cosmetic bag at Southern Simplicity.  They have since sold out of this one, but they do have a pretty flounced version still available and on sale!  These bags are roomy enough for a sizable makeup stash, but pretty enough to sit on your vanity.
Coach Pave Disc Earrings with pink crystals
I was searching for the perfect pair of earrings to wear on Christmas day, and I found these pave disc earrings with pink crystals at Coach.  They have since sold out of the pink crystal ones online, but I saw these in my local Coach store last week.  In the end, I didn't wear these earrings after all, but I love wearing them to work - especially when I know I'm going out after dark.
Chanel Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Ivory
I had passed on this color for the longest time.  Each time I visited a Chanel counter I would test the shadow on my hand, but for some reason I never bought it.  Then, a few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and finally add it to my Chanel makeup collection.  And I'm so glad I did!  A slightly yellow/white shimmer, it's perfect for a brow bone highlight. 


Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso
My second tube of this tinted brow gel, it matches my eyebrow color perfectly, and enhances it.  If I am going through a patchy eyebrow phase (I'm sure it happens to all of us on occasion), then I'll supplement the brow gel with a smudge of an eyebrow pencil (usually Boots).  My only gripe is the huge mascara-like brush.  I wish the brush was smaller, because no one has brows that thick.  It's just not possible.
Armani Eyes to Kill 6
I couldn't resist Armani's Eyes to Kill 6.  (Although I hate it when cosmetics companies get lazy and don't name their products and just assign them a number!)  It has flecks of green, gold and brown - flattering to my dark brown eyes.
Tom Ford Bordeaux Lust
I found some Tom Ford makeup and nail polish at my local CCO.  It's a beautiful color but not worth paying full price for.  I was disappointed in the eyeshadows they had there.  So I snapped up this instead. It's a rich, dark and sexy red.  I can't say that it has any more staying power than other brands like Chanel or OPI, though.
Dior Blush Brush
I saw The Natalie Anna use this blush brush in one of her tutorials, and I was smitten!  Big, fluffy makeup brushes are my weakness and this one is no exception. It's certainly not a necessity but it is a lovely brush that buffs color beautifully on the cheeks.
Jo Malone Ginger Biscuit
And finally, Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone.  It really does have a gingery, fresh baked cookie kind of smell that is very caramelized.  I can't rave about this enough - I think I wore it every day for a week when I first got it. It's very strong, and a little goes a long way.

That is all.

Take care,
The Sassi Wench